Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Working at Home

The decision has been made. I think it is time to try and pick up a work at home job. That's right. I'm going to be a WAHM (work at home mom). I'm not quite sure what prompted this decision. The abundance of free time I have these days? Probably not. The laundry suddenly decided to fold itself? Nah. It's just time. I need some intellectual stimulation. Surprisingly, spending my day with a 7 month old has done nothing for my brain power.

My mind used to soak up information like a sponge. I had intelligent conversations. I drank good wine, and knew something about the latest literature. I now have a mom vocabulary. I say things like "teefies", "nappy nap time", and "uh oh..did we go boom?!" My day consists of endless games of peek-a-boo, flying baby, and build-em up knock-em down. Don't get me wrong. I love it. I was created to be a mother I think. It's just that some days I feel that I want to accomplish more than that. My mind needs to be wrung out now.

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. There is usually nothing to show for my work other than a clean butt (<--see, more mom phrases), a full belly, and a sleeping baby. No matter how many times I clean the living room, I have a husband and a baby that wreck it by the end of the day. No matter how many times I vacuum, there is cat hair on the floor by evening, no matter how many times I wash dishes and wipe off counters, inevitably, it's messy before bed. And I start all over again tomorrow. I would love even the smallest sense of satisfaction. Just seeing that I worked 10 hours this week would actually show that I did something other than sit on the couch breastfeeding my daughter and reading The Cat in The Hat for the umpteenth time.

So, the search starts today. I will be checking out a few sites and see what I can come up with. For those interested, I will be checking out ratracerebellion.com, WAHM.com, and workplacelikehome.com. As I get further into this search, I will be sharing what I learn and discover with you all. Too bad I'm not so great at this that I can be paid to blog, right? How awesome would that be?!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with ya! Job interview here I come. Let me know if you find something worthwhile at home. I'm not too interested in at home work partially because there are so many distractions but the at home work I've seen hasn't been amazing.

    ok back to more peekaboo and toy stacking. good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete