Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Friday, June 19, 2009

30th & Counting...


This is my 30th post!! Can you believe it?! I always wanted a blog but never had anything to blog about. Thank you, Addison! I love blogging now. It has definitely become my new hobby. I love reading & writing them. So, I made this picture in honor of keeping up with something for this long. Here's to another 30!!

_____________________________________________________


In other news, Addie is on the move! Erm...sort of. She definitely takes the complicated way around, but she's getting places now! She's perfected the roll, finally, and has started getting up on her hands and knees. From this position she can scoot backwards or rock back and forth. She can also spin like a top when she's on her back or tummy, so between these three new tricks, she is getting where she wants to go and getting into trouble!
So, needless to say, we went on a shopping spree down the safety aisle at Babies R us to buy a baby gate to block off the kitchen and some outlet covers. We went through all the cabinets within crawling (and toddling) height and made sure nothing was unsafe in them. Now we just wait for the big day!

_____________________________________________________

I also wanted to take a quick minute and talk about my friend Loni & her blog. She has a fun, quirky blog about her adventures with motherhood as well. It is now Loni's 1 year blogiversary and she is hosting her very first blog giveaway this week, so if you are interested, head over to her blog and enter to win a free blog makeover from This that & Your Blog.

_____________________________________________________

Addie has also started eating finger foods this week. She is so cute gumming down her banana chunks and pieces of mango. I think she's really enjoying herself! It's so bittersweet to watch her growing up. I know, I know, watching her grow up is a good thing and I'm not saying otherwise. But it still makes me tear up. Just 7 months ago she was this completely helpless creature that depended 100% on me to stay fed, dry, and well rested. Now here I am, in the kitchen making breakfast. I look over at her and she's watching me cook breakfast, chewing on her banana chunk, and grabbing her sippy cup to wash it down. My heart breaks into a million pieces when I watch her doing something new for the first time. I'm so proud of her for learning new things...and at the same time, I'm wondering where my baby went? Like I've said before...Where's the lost and found when you need it??


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm starting up again. It's much different than my last one and I'm not letting family know about it. If they stumble upon it, great. If not, great.

    ReplyDelete