Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Friday, July 24, 2009

Summertime is Good for the Soul

I love summer. I love the sun, and beaches, and going to parks. I love watermelon, and BBQ chicken, I love the smell of the grill. I love drinking wine sitting outside with friends until the sun sets (at 10:30). All of these things, to me, are good for the soul. I think everyone needs a little summer in their life, to make up for gray, wet winters.

Addie loves summertime, too. She loves Otter Pops, watermelon, mango, and strawberry jello. Yes, I do realize some of these things may not be of the best nutritional value for an 8 month old, but to me, the value to her soul makes up for it. I feel like my daughter has thoroughly enjoyed her first summer, doing all the things kids do during the summer. She has been swimming, she has been to the beach, she has enjoyed an array of tasty treats, she has been a kid. There is nothing I enjoy more these days than watching her splash in a wading pool or wiggle her toes in the sand. That is what childhood is about.

This is a message to everyone. Loosen up. Enjoy life a little. It's too short to always make the "right" decisions. Sometimes, all that matters is that you live a little.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i love love love love love summer. hell, i live for summer. it;s the best and most fun time of all!

    ReplyDelete