Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

Happy (belated) 4th of July, everyone! Boy oh boy did we have a good time yesterday! We visited with some friends, whose daughter shares a birthday with Addie. They have become such great friends, so young in life! It was, I dare say, the most fulfilling summer holiday I have had since I left home 4 years ago. The kids played, the grown ups played. We all ate our fill of all sorts of goodies. The girls got to swim splash in the pool in the early evening, which is apparently way more fun than a regular bath. They were both pretty wiped out by the end of the day and hung out with the adults, toasting marshmellows and enjoying smores for a couple of hours killing time until dark. Addie drifted off to dream land sometime around 8:30, but was startled awake sometime around 10 as the fireworks started. I was able to get her back asleep, but for fear of her startling again, but me being outside and unable to hear her, I let her rest in my arms while we watched the show over the water. She was a little angel. She slept through the entire show, including the explosions closest to our viewing site. I was able to keep her asleep during the transition to her car seat once the fireworks died down some, and we headed home without a kink in the evening. Once we got home, I was able to gently place her in her crib, still asleep, and we were not disturbed 'till morning, where we blissfully slept until 8:30 in the morning-1 hour later than normal. I hope everyone is just as happy with their holiday as I am.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We had a blast too! Holidays all seem to be more fun now that I'm part of the grownup/parents. We're so glad you guys could come with us! May there be many more holidays to spend together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a great time, and bless Addie's heart for being such an angel!

    ReplyDelete