Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What's Cookin'!? Wednesday!

Well, it's that time of week again! I promised last week that I would not forget to write this post this week! So...I have a little confession. It is 8 pm on Tuesday night while I write this. You didn't have to know that, though, because I'm post dating it! See how honest I am with you?

Anyway, I promised a vegetarian dish this week, and that dish is veggie tacos. This is another super simple and very versatile meal. The idea was given to me by a friend and I tweaked it to fit my tastes.

First, sautee some mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers in olive oil. While they are sauteeing, take some ranch dressing and cut it with low-fat milk to thin it out. Add some sea salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder to the sauce and mix. Cut up some tomatoes, lettuce, and avocados.

Place a small amount of sauce onto a whole grain tortilla and spread evenly. Then, add a layer of sauteed veggies, then a small amount of cheese, then add some lettuce, tomato, and avocado and roll!

See? Easy Peasy! That's the way I like (most of) my meals! I hope you enjoy!

Photobucket

P.S. I will start remembering to take pictures of my dishes! So sorry...my family gets weirded out when I pull out the camera at dinner time.

1 comment:

  1. You nailed it on the PS. I need to see pictures of these tasty dishes girl. I love food. mmm mmm mmm.

    ReplyDelete