Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's Cookin'? Wednesdays!

Are you looking for some fresh, new ideas for dinner tonight? Is your family whining "Meatloaf?! Again?!" when you set the table, but you're too busy to make anything elaborate? Well, then I have a blog carnival for you! Welcome to What's Cookin'? Wednesdays! A place you can come share new dinner ideas. Feel free to join in on your own blog. All you need to do is write a brief introduction of this blog carnival, and link back to my blog somewhere in your post. Then you come back here and post your blog on the MckLinky form so everyone can check it out! So, let's get started.

This week, I am going to share a recipe for spaghetti bake, a new favorite in our house, and another simple recipe for busy nights (they won't always be so simple, that's just what I've chosen to share so far).

Spaghetti bake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Brown 1 lb of Mild Italian sausage and sautee or steam your favorite veggies (I use green beans, carrots, grated zuchinni, corn, & peas, but there is a lot of room for changes based on preference) and add it to the pan. Use 1 can of Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce (or your home made sauce) and poor over the veggies and meat and let it simmer.

Boil your spaghetti to Al Dente and add to the sauce and mix well. Poor pasta into a 9x13 baking dish and cover with Parmesan cheese (also good with a Parmesan-Romano blend) . Bake on 350 until cheese is lightly brown, usually 15-20 minutes.

Serve with Garlic bread and a side salad.

Hope you enjoy the first edition of What's Cookin'? Wednesdays! I look forward to seeing everyone else's dinner ideas as well!


Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Great idea, Angie! That recipe sounds yummo! I might have to participate next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love food. I need to start posting my recipes for all the dishes that keep my husband...well, my husband LOL. I would love to see a picture of this dish Angie next time you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a matter of fact, I am making it tonight (I think) so I will take a picture for you!

    ReplyDelete