Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The girl who cried wolf teeth..

My daughter has been teething ever since she was 2 1/2 months old. No kidding, we saw two little bumps emerge from her gums on Valentine's day, 2009. We thought, surely this is a sign that she will get her teeth early. The doctor must be crazy thinking she could still not get her teeth until 6 or 7 months old. Every morning I woke up checking her gums. Every morning I was disappointed to find that the bumps hadn't changed.

I can't tell you how many times she threw a tantrum due to being overtired (or worse-underfed which was hidden under our delusion that she was a bad teether) and we just said "oh, these teeth will be here any day now..."

One month passed. Then two...then 5 more...yes, five more months had passed since we first spotted teething symptoms. Seven months total have passed since we first said "Any day now..." I can't count how many times I told my family and friends "This is definitely her teeth. I think she will be done with this finally in a few days," just to be disappointed once again when nothing happened a week later.

For the past couple of weeks now, we have been seeing an alarming number of teething symptoms from this little girl, but I have been reluctant to expect any pearly whites come morning. We are on our second diaper rash, unbelievable drooling, a runny nose, and so many dirty diapers I am going broke on disposables! Any normal child, and I would say "Oh yes, we should see teeth soon," but with Addison, I am finding myself reluctant to believe this. After all, she is the girl that cried wolfteeth. Even now, when it seems like pearly whites are right around the corner, she is still drawing this out as long as possible!

For the record, she has four swollen spots on her gums now! All four front teeth may just come in back to back! Then again, maybe they won't. Like the story goes, in the end, no one believes the little boy that cried wolf!

Photobucket

In other news: Sorry for not creating a What's Cookin'? Wednesdays! thread yesterday. Time gets away from me with this new work schedule of Willies, and before you know it, it's 10 pm on Wednesday night and you realize "Hey! It's Wednesday! I didn't write my post!" well...you know how it goes...I'll resume next week! I'm thinking a fun spin on a recipe given to me by a friend! Any vegetarians eating with us next week?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment