Home          Green Living          Crafts          Parenting

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What's Cookin'? Wednesday!

Surprised? Two blog posts within two days?  And it's a WCW post? Something I haven't done in ages?!

Yep! That's right! I'm on a roll this week!

This week I'm here to share a fun, kid-friendly recipe I found in the September 2009 edition of Parent's magazine.  I tore it out of the magazine and put it with the recipes I'd like to try someday.  Well, a week ago we tried it for the first time, and let me tell you.  Not only did Addie scarf down a plate full, Willie also said he wanted it again! It was delicious and nutritious. So here it is:

Pork Chops with a Cherry Cranberry glaze, Broccoli, and mashed sweet potatoes!

What you'll need:
1 tbs canola oil
4 pork chops (I used 6 thin-cut ones for quicker cooking)
1 pkg Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash frozen Sweet Potatoes (You know me, I prefer fresh)
1 pkg frozen broccoli
1 cup frozen pitted sweet cherries
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp coarse mustard

Heat oil in a large skillet on medium.  Add the pork chops and cook until done-about 10 minutes.  Remove chops from skillet and cover with foil.  Meanwhile, put your skinned, chopped sweet potatoes on to boil (or put the frozen potatoes in the microwave).  Microwave broccoli according to package directions, and combine cherries, cranberry juice, cornstarch, and mustard in the skillet. Cook and stir for about 2-3 minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.

Pour sauce over pork and serve with sweet potatoes and broccoli.  Serves 4.

Photobucket

1 comment: